HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Marine Collagen – Our collagen peptides are extracted through a revolutionary hydrolysis process, without any trace of chemical residue. The result is a natural, odourless, colourless and tasteless product with an extremely high degree of purity as compared to other forms of collagen. The quantity of collagen or lack of it in skin determines its appearance. The amount of collagen proteins gradually decreases with age leading to appearance of wrinkles but the youthfulness of skin can be restored through increased level of collagen, thanks to modern science. Marine Collagen proteins are obtained from various marine sources of saltwater algae like padina and laminaria as well as cod fish and deep sea fish. This is one of the best environmentally-friendly products because they are made from unwanted fish parts. Marine Collagen proteins are considered to be of greater quality compared to animal collagen mainly because they don’t lead to substantial environmental pollution. Marine Collagen proteins help in the maintenance of your skin’s strength and its elasticity through the initiation of fresh collagen synthesis in the underlying layers. The increase in the density of collagen fibres leads to softening of appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
• Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate) – Retinyl Palmitate converts into retinol (or vitamin A), which in turn is converted into retinoic acid by specialised enzymes in the skin. It is easily absorbed by the skin and once it is there is converted into retinol. This unique feature renders Retinyl Palmitate gentler than applying retinol directly and, therefore, minimising the risk of skin irritation. These tiny molecules have the ability to penetrate the outer layers of the skin and work to repair the lower layers where collagen and elastin reside. Retinoic acid facilitates communication between cells, encouraging ageing cells to continue their renewal process, and regenerate collagen and elastin to prevent the appearance of ageing skin, wrinkles, and fine lines. It is also effective at producing new, healthy skin cells to replace skin previously damaged by environmental factors. Retinyl Palmitate is considered an exfoliator (albeit more gentle than pure Retinol), and its effect of repeatedly shedding the upper dermal layer forces the skin to produce new cells. For acne prone skin, Vitamin A decongests pores by opening up clogged follicles, clearing out the follicular debris, and preventing the formation of new clogs. In anti-ageing skin care, Vitamin A reduces fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating the production of new skin cells, collagen, and hyaluronic acid, and by inhibiting the production of enzymes that degrade collagen and elastin.
• Seaweed Extracts – Rich in vitamins and minerals, Seaweed extract can be applied directly to the skin as a strengthening agent and exfoliant. Its natural, anti-inflammatory compounds can have a positive effect on acne. It can also be used as a natural exfoliant to remove dead skin cells, which can block pores. Seaweed extract helps to prevent damage to skin amino acids and protects the cell’s membranes. Because it reinforces the cell membranes it in turn protects against free radical attacks, which accelerate ageing. It can also ‘reorganise’ the cell membrane structure to reverse cell damage and restore them to their healthy state.
• Green Coffee – Ingredients extracted from green coffee (coffea arabica) beans have been scientifically shown to rejuvenate ageing skin, through significant improvements in the appearance of wrinkles, firmness, redness, and texture of facial skin. Coffea Arabica seed oil is extracted by cold pressing green coffee beans. Its high concentration of essential fatty acids, sterols, and vitamin E make it a potent antioxidant that can offer protection against skin damage such as sunburn cell formation and DNA degradation. It can also assist in the prevention of the development of photoageing and inflammatory skin disorders. The above is due to Coffea Arabica’s ability to increase production of collagen and elastin and to protect against the loss of moisture.
• Peppermint Essential Oil – Peppermint is the natural source of menthol – a natural antiseptic with an ability to wake up worn-out skin and manage oil production. One of the best-known benefits of peppermint is its ability to soothe and cool. Its natural mild numbing effect helps reduce skin irritation. The menthol in peppermint helps cool your face and reduce redness. It will also help control excess oil to help prevent acne and clogged pores.
• Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) – The antioxidant properties of vitamin C and its role in collagen synthesis make vitamin C a vital molecule for skin health. Ascorbic acid has the most skin-related research of any form of vitamin C. Vitamin C is an antioxidant that slows the rate of free-radical damage. Free radicals are unstable molecules that damage collagen and cause skin dryness, fine lines and wrinkles. New research shows that ascorbic acid not only neutralises free radicals, but also reverses DNA damage.
• Hyaluronic Acid – Keeps every aspect of skin stable, safeguarded and constantly renewed. This substance has a stunning capacity to attract and hold vast amount of moisture for skin. One of the qualities of youthful skin is its ability to hold water and retain a balanced amount of moisture. As we age, our skin loses this ability to maintain this vital, plumping moisture as well as it once did, resulting in a loss of firmness, pliability, and a decreased appearance of plumpness and suppleness. Hyaluronic acid can enhance moisture content, and at the same time revitalise skin’s outer layers so they look and feel softer, smoother – instantly improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.